Thursday, November 26, 2009

Crossing the Atlantic...Two Days at Sea

Left Namibia yesterday with a wonderful impression of the country. We only saw a small bit of the coastal area, but the people are friendly and seem to have a good quality of life. You can tell by the cleanliness of the countryside and the lack of people standing around doing nothing.


The ship hosted a night under the stars in the middle of the desert. We went out on large buses into the dunes and found a huge tent with hundreds of luminaires lining the drive. I rode a camel and felt like a kid again. We visited Swakopmund, a nice small town with a lot of German architectural influence.


As we gave started the Atlantic crossing, we have trouble getting Internet service. Don't be surprised if the posts are sporadic.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

2 comments:

  1. Char, how funny seeing you on there! Bring one home with you....the camel, I mean.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Charlotte and Uncle Jim,

    What an amazing trip. I am impressed with all of the sea time you have logged. Uncle J can now be a sailor. Comments are great. I feel like I am reading a book. Glad to see you got to see where Napolean was exiled.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete