
We spent 1 1/2 days in Richard's Bay, S. Africa. It's a new, clean city with a higher standard of living than any we saw in Kenya or Tanzania. It's the largest port in S. Africa and lots of heavy industry surrounds it.
We skipped the trip to Zululand to see the native dancers and lifestyle. We wanted to see more animals, and we did. This time the ride out to the game reserve was motor coach. We transferred to a 10 man Land Rover for the game drive. We added some new animals to our list, white rhinoceros, cape buffalo, nynala (large deer-like animal with stripes). Both the rhino and cape buffalo are dangerous animals.
It's spring and there are lots of babies to see. One of my favorite moments was to see a mother with baby giraffe walking up the road and just behind was a mother and baby zebra. The mom's were taking their babies out for a stroll.
Hi Char and Jim. I've been so busy, I couldn't follow your trip, but this morning was leisurely and I've made the entire voyage to date. I can't imagine what it's like being gone so long and trying to absorb so much. It's awesome. As much as we miss you here - I can certainly see why you are taking this wonderful voyage. Are you keeping a written journal too? Can't wait to see the rest of the photos when you get back. If you see any signs that have to do with dogs, can you take pics? Like, no dogs allowed, or pick up after your dog - etc.???? Or beware of dog, etc.
ReplyDeleteContinue to have fun in your luxury cabin - it's gorgeous. Hugs, J
Love all the photos....I feel like I'm on a trip (except I can't experience the food!) The animal pictures are fabulous!
ReplyDelete